Wednesday 20 April 2016

Crystal Palace PREVIEW!

So after two wins on the bounce you could say that United are in great form, against a Palace side who are really struggling and a win would be a formality? Well you're wrong. This is 2016 Man United, and throughout the entire season we have won two games and then lost the next, two steps forward three steps back! Lets face the facts, we crawled across the finish line against Aston Villa on Saturday, the same Aston Villa who have lost their last 10 Premier League games and currently have the third lowest points total for a Premier League side. But we won and we sit four points behind Arsenal, a side who are wobbling, and a side who I think can be caught!
Let us now look at the positives going into the game tonight. Marcus Rashford seems to be improving even more, and I do believe if he scores more goals between now and the end of the season, we shouldn't bother buying another striker. As for him going to the Euro's, I would not even consider it, with the likes of Kane, Vardy, Rooney and Sturridge ahead of him, I think he would be better having a rest than sitting on a bench in France watching it unfold. The U21's last night secured their third premier league title in four years in classic united fashion, Varela smashed in a injury time winner to seal the title and win the game on the night. So despite Manchester Evening News' scathing criticism of the youth team, it would appear they are very, very wrong!
I would mix it up a little bit tonight, but not too much, I think its imperative we keep the pressure up on Man City and Arsenal. Four points is definitely catchable! I would go with the following line up!

GK - De Gea (Obvious choice.)
RB - Fosu-Mensah (He appears to be massively growing into the team and I think its important that he continues his progress and keeps on playing!)
CB - Smalling (He has become a very reliable and solid defender, second name on the team sheet, every week.)
CB -  Blind (I would have rested Blind, but I think he has been brilliant this season and we have no real, solid other option so he needs to be there.)
LB - Rojo (This should be his final chance, and the chance to show he has it. Recently he has been poor and this is his rehearsal for next season, perform or leave.)
CM - Schneiderlin (This game will be won in midfield, palace have loads of energy there and Schneiderlin can combat this. His performances have improved second half of season.)
CM - Herrera (I am a huge fan of Herrera, and I don't see him playing at the weekend. I would give him the chance tonight. Energy, killer passes, get him in!)
CAM - Mata (I pick Mata for his set pieces, palace foul a lot and Mata is brilliant with set plays, too early for Rooney to start.)
LW - Memphis (Think he needs another start, more confidence, and let him play his football and express himself, Lingard needs a rest)
RW - Martial (Strange that he wasn't starting vs Villa. A must start for me, rotating with Rashford upfront constantly, confusing the defenders.)
CF - Rashford (Truly earns his place, must start, knows where the goal is.)

Subs: Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Fellaini, Lingard, Young, Rooney.

The danger man in the Palace side is Yannick Bolasie. He has that unpredictability about him, plenty of pace, skill and power and Smalling and co in the defence will have to be on guard against him. I also like Cabaye, and I actually would have liked to have seen him in our side, I think he is underrated and has an excellent set piece. 

Prediction 2-0 United (Martial, Memphis)

I am going to be positive in my prediction, the players are getting the results and one loss in 7 is not bad. I think the players will be encouraged to attack more and be more lethal in front of goal, I can't believe we only managed one against Villa. It will be tough but Palace are not in form themselves, winning 3 times in 14 games, they are struggling for goals too. Lets smash them!

No comments:

Post a Comment